Open Call 2 for Startups
THREE WAYS TO APPLY
There are 3 ways to take part in European Data Incubator – check them out:
Pick one of our ‘ready-made’ challenges, where the challenge, data sets and data providers are all pre-defined by us, ready for you to solve!
Applications close on Wednesday 19 June at 12:00 (noon) CEST
Applying to EDI incubator is simple, you just need to take a look at our guidelines document.
Here you’ll find a calendar of the project stages, how to submit your proposal, information about EDI services, and more.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
HOW IT WORKS
EDI is a three-phase incubation programme: Explore, Experiment, Evolve.
SME/start-up legally established in one of the eligible countries described below.
They must fulfill these criteria:
- Headcount in Annual Work Unit (AWU) less than 250.
- Annual turnover less or equal to €50 million or annual balance sheet total, less or equal to €43 million.
Only one proposal per SME is allowed.
Group of individuals
When there is not a constituted SME, the applicants could be a group between 2 to 4 individuals legally established in one of the eligible countries as describe below. A written commitment to have set up a legally registered SME if reaching the second phase of the incubation (the “Experiment” phase) will be required.
Only applicants legally established, and working, in the case of the individuals, in any of the following countries will be eligible:
- The Member States (MS) of the European Union (EU), including their outermost regions;
- The Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) linked to the Member States;
- H2020 Associated countries: according to the updated list published by the EC at http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/grants_manual/hi/3cpart/h2020-hi-list-ac_en.pdf