3rd Open Call
We offer consultancy services & SW solutions:
OPTIME is ELARA’s proprietary MES solution. It provides manufacturing line managers the information to help them understand how current conditions on the plant floor can be optimized to improve production output in real time.. Its main functionalities include:
– OEE monitoring (Overall Equipment Effectiveness). OEE is the gold standard for measuring manufacturing productivity..
– Quality Assessment. Digitalization of product and process critical parameters.
– Maintenance. OPTIME allows keeping track of assets and parts, preventive and corrective actions.
In 2018 ELARA established its Industrial Data Analytics area including the following services:
– Use case discovery. Usually plant floors are way below in terms of data usage than other business areas on the same company (logistics, marketing…). Many times the plant managers are aware of data technology capabilities to improve their plants performance, but they still need to identify the most promising opportunities for their specific plants.
– Use case analysis. An analytics use case is as effective as the data collected and used to enable it. Through domain knowledge gathering sessions, quick data exploration and preliminary experiments ELARA offers to their customers insights about the problem and the available data.
– Custom solution development and deployment. This stage focuses on the construction of data related solutions tailored to the specific needs of the customer.
ELARA is a technology consulting firm focused on the improvement of the manufacturing industry plant floor performance by Software solutions and tools. ELARA was born in 2004 and for more than 15 years has work on several industries offering its proprietary MES (Manufacturing Execution System) solution named OPTIME, to provide manufacturing line managers the information to help them understand how current conditions on the plant floor can be optimized to improve production output in real time.
In addition, from the beginning of the so-called Industry 4.0, ELARA has maintained a relevant role as disseminator and consultant of the technologies included under the Industry 4.0 umbrella, with special emphasis on data exploitation through SW (business core of the entity). ELARA, as an industrial consultancy firm, knows well the usual weapon of choice for data analysis in factories is “Six Sigma” (a set of statistical techniques and procedures from the 1980s used to systematically improve industrial processes). However, Six Sigma was popular in the 1990s and, in today’s digitized, data-rich factories, this weapon is starting to show its age, and ELARA considered that, though its concepts and methodological approach are still the key for success, its tools were due for an update.
Thus, in 2018, with the rise of interest in data related technologies on manufacturing plant floors (traditionally less technology prone than other business units such as logistics or commercial), ELARA established a whole new area dedicated to Industrial Data Analytics. This new area’s main goal is to enrich traditional methodologies to identify and properly define plant floor performance issues, and tackle those issues with new data resources and tool capabilities.