European Data Incubator (EDI) opens its first open call for start-ups and SMEs working with Big Data
A selected team for the incubation process could earn up to €100k equity-free funding and receive additional free technical and business services support.
On 28th March 2018, EDI has opened its first open call for European start-ups and SMEs willing to sort out actual business challenges from a myriad of data providers. The process to be selected is as simple as follows:
- 1st Pick up a challenge from our challenge catalogue. Our data providers have proposed different issues they would like you to sort out. We’ve got challenges from Smart Cities, Energy & Environment, Internet & Media, Industry 4.0 and Retail sectors. We also count with a cross-sector challenge where the only requirement is that you mix data from different sectors from our catalogue.
- 2nd Check on our data catalogue. We provide you with free samples of the full datasets you will have access to if selected. Play with the data and analyse the options.
- 3rd Submit your proposal. An easy and lean process via F6S Platform. Deadline for submission is on 27 th of June at 12:00 (noon).
Important! Read the Guidelines of the Open Call before submitting a proposal. Doubs or questions? Have a look at the FAQ section on our website or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org If selected, you will start an incubation process with top-experts at EU level on big data. You will have access to:
- A dedicated coach from the Deusto Entrepreneurship Centre, DeustoTech or ETVenture Startup Hub
- A technical infrastructure using FIWARE Lab providing a free Cloud based scalable Big Data tools stack.
- Training on state-of- the-art Big Data tools by University of Deusto and Engineering.
- Access to data providers to discuss and improve your product while reaching agreements for future exploitation.
- Connection with top Big Data startups from all over Europe participating in the programme.
- Training on soft-skills and on fundraising by ETVenture Startup Hub, Deusto Entrepreneurship Centre and Zabala Innovation Consulting
- Major visibility for your start-up as part of the Big Data Value PPP European initiative.
- And yes… up to €100,000 equity-free funding.
Meet us! Stay tuned in our social networks for further news. We have a confirmed presence in Barcelona on the 24th of April at the EU-Startups Summit 2018 and in Porto on the 8-9th of May at the FIWARE Global Summit.