Domain: Transport & Logistics
Identify the optimal resources location allocation in the different services zones to minimize the response time of the assistants.
RACC is the largest automobile club in Spain and provides personal, family, breakdown and urgent medical assistance to one million members as well as to a wide range of companies that have hired the club’s services.
RACC performs more than 1 million assistance interventions per year (817,000 roadside and travel assistances, 125,000 medical assistances and 187,000 home assistances).
One of the main services that RACC provides to its members is roadside assistance.
RACC wants to develop a solution that identifies the optimal resources location allocation in the different services zones to minimize the response time of the assistants.
Taking the historical data provided as an input, the solution would be an optimization algorithm that will define the better resource location allocation. Two-year dataset will be opened so it is expected a proposal of different scenarios along the year (summer scenario, winter scenario etc.)
DataThe challenge has the following sample datasets available for download
The expected outcomes are:
- optimal assignment of services to service area in order to minimize the response time (assignment could be done at municipal area)
- identification of the better possible assistant
- identification of the nodes / optimal zones (at municipal level in Spanish region) /necessary zones to give coverage/ proposal of resources (number of assistant vehicles). / different season scenarios: g.: summer, winter.
KPI: arrival time of the assistant vehicle reduction / increase of the productivity of each assistant vehicle (number of services attended / hour).
How do we apply?
- Read the Guidelines for Applicants
- Doubts or questions? Read more about EDI on the About Us page, have a look at our FAQ section or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.