To turn large TV audience into a digital fan base for all year-round engagement and digital marketing activation.
The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) is the international governing body for the sport of athletics. It was founded in 1912 as the International Amateur Athletic Federation by representatives from 17 national athletics federations at the organization’s first congress in Stockholm, Sweden. It is headquartered in Monaco.
With 1.2 billion viewers for its athletics world championships, the IAAF has an ambition to turn its large TV audience into a digital fan base for all year-round engagement and digital marketing activation.
Although some marketing suites offer in theory relevant capabilities to achieve IAAF strategy, those solutions usually fail to scale adequately in term of size and costs. Main technology components are:
- Content personalization based on explicit interests, editorial content click streams, event attendance and other services consumptions.
- Fine grained audience segmentation driven through artificial intelligence for tailored fan journeys and DMP segments for sponsor monetization.
DataThe challenge has the following sample datasets available for download
- Offer personalized services and content to drive up authenticated browsing and build up IAAF’s fan base of 10 million registered users after two or three years
- Increase campaign email access rate by 15%
- Email from targeted marketing automation should translate into more than 50 million messages after three years
- Achieve Segment detection from explicit and implicit/analytical data for identification of at least 10 profiles
- Increase sponsor revenue through data monetization by 20% after two years
How do we apply?
- Read the Guidelines for Applicants
- Doubts or questions? Read more about EDI on the About Us page, have a look at our FAQ section or drop us an email at email@example.com.