EDI’s first plenary meeting was held in Oporto, Portugal, within the frame of the FIWARE Global Summit.
EDI’s core partners (DEUSTO, Zabala, F6S, Engineering and ESH) as well as several Data Providers (RACC, Sonae, VRT, Migros, Via Verde) met on 7th and 9th May at the impressive Palacio da Bolsa. A review of progress made so far in each of the project work packages was carried out.
The Consortium examined the status and progress of EDI 1st Open Call and several measures to increase its dissemination were discussed and agreed.
Other aspects discussed at the meetings were related to the potential engagement of additional Data Providers in the future, agenda and contents for each phase of the EDI incubation, technical aspects of the infrastructure to be offered to the selected startups and SMEs, or internal management aspects and procedures in place.
Agenda of the meeting:
- Review of internal management procedures to ensure smooth running of the project
- Review the current status of the ongoing 1st EDI Open Call
- Dissemination campaign to ensure the widest possible spread of the call
- Review evaluation process to be undertaken to select sub-grantees that progress to the EXPLORE stage of the EDI incubation process
- Revision of contracts to be signed by External Evaluators and Sub-grantees and templates for evaluation and results reporting
- Ongoing work on the preparation of EDI Big Data Stack infrastructure for the EXPERIMENTATION phase of the project
- Review of planning of agenda and contents for the different events to be organized during the 1st incubation process to span from September 2018 to April 2019
- Review of the currently available dissemination materials and further dissemination material and events to which the consortium will attend to spread the EDI word.