The European Data Incubator consortium attended the FIWARE Global Summit in Porto, 8-9 May 2018, at the Palácio da Bolsa.
The partners met on 7 May for an internal consortium meeting. The Summit offered great opportunities to present the project, the EDI first open call and its benefits to Big Data startups and SMEs.
The EDI Partners participated in the following sessions:
- Panel #4 – OPEN KNOWLEDGE, DATA, CITIZENS AND GOVERNANCE – DEUSTO
- PANEL #7 – CITY CHALLENGES AS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES – RACC
- PANEL #8 – FUNDING MECHANISMS, PUBLIC, SMART AND INNOVATION – VIAVERDE
- EUROPEAN DIGITAL SINGLE MARKET: OPPORTUNITIES FOR STARTUP AND SMEs – ZABALA
- DOING BUSINESS SESSION. EDI Info-session. – DEUSTO, ZABALA, SONAE, VIA VERDE, MIGROS, RACC, VRT
Here are a few impressions of the event during 8 and 9 of May.
Startups had the opportunity to meet face to face with some of our Data Providers and discuss the EDI challenges.
Applications to the first open call of the European Data Incubator close on 27 June at noon CEST.
Apply on f6s: https://www.f6s.com/edincubator/apply
The FIWARE Global Summit unites developers, entrepreneurs, political decision makers, thought leaders, business executives and investors to exchange views and developments on how smart IoT and Open Data solutions can be implemented in the areas of Smart Cities, Industry 4.0 and Agriculture. Find out more: https://www.fiware.org/summit/global-2018/